What is The Minstrel’s Song?
In a nutshell, it’s a computer adaptation of The Minstrel’s Song, a tabletop role playing game, and is meant to have a rich and interesting world that supports both building many different kinds of character, and both quests and nonlinear play. It’s in the old “roguelike” tradition of computer games, which now means that it might have something of a retro charm.
Top 10 things to do in The Minstrel’s Song:
- Pet a dolphin.
- Pray and worship.
- Ride a dragon.
- Match wits with a clockwork door.
- Climb a tree.
- Answer a riddle.
- Build your own mechanical devices.
- Keep an exotic pet.
- Choose your own quest.
- Explore a world of wonder.
The Minstrel’s Song is available from a network appliance. To download an Aqua-themed virtual appliance where you can play The Minstrel’s Song:
- If you are using Windows or Linux, download VMware Player Plus (free for non-commercial use with a generous definition of “non-commercial use”).
- Download the Aqua-themed virtual appliance, and unpack it.
- Open the appliance and double click on the icon: