Miscellaneous items that you won't find in other areas of the website. If you're looking for a place to start, I suggest A Christmas gift for children.
- A look at some of the peaks of CJS Hayward that would be more interesting to children, including the Tale of the Fairy Prince.
- I do not live in a vacuum, but in connection with communities and other people. Here are some of their webpages.
- A Facebook portrait for Orthodox clergy
- Facebook is slightly insensitive to religious communities who call their priests, "Father." Here is a tweak on one clever response to the censorship.
- Favorite Haunts
- My site isn't focused on links, but I've found some jewels on the web that I consider worth mention.
Grandfather Clock with Westminster Chime and a Soothing Tick-Tock—Steampunk Style
This page presents a classic clock with a simple Westminster chime.
When you're sucked into your phone, it seems that there is nothing else to do.
Here is something to give you something else to do.
- Homemade Pinball Machine HOWTO (short)
- As a child, CJS Hayward made a number of different little pinball machines. Here's an updated summary of how to get into the craft.
- If You Want to Link to Jonathan's Corner (short)
- Here are some images, along with sample HTML, for people who want to link to this page. (Text links are also welcome!)
- The concept may not be obvious if you're not used to ancient ways of thinking about a time, but there is a different way of calculating time based on the natural cycles of sunrise and sunset rather than artificial things like time zones.
Need inspiration for something to cook? Look at a few of these recipes!
- These Are a Few of My Favorite Things
- A fundraising page, intended to support my moving to Mount Athos by selling hand-picked, off the beaten trail, nuggets of excellence.
- UberLingua (short)
- Writing is largely a copy of oral language; it does not take full advantage of visual media. Here's an article about what some might call the next generation of human language. It is dedicated to all those web designers who believe that, if they make a web page you already know how to use, they aren't doing their job.
You can keep this page open to be able to have a Westminster chime effect.